Once again the All Saints community is rallying in support for the Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Families in Transition program. Families in Transition serves homeless and transitional students and their families in PUSD by connecting them to services in the community and providing items of immediate basic needs such as food, clothing, transportation assistance, and supplies.
Students in families at risk of homelessness, or who are homeless or economically challenged experience many barriers that prevent them from showing up to school each day. From not having the right school supplies, to being hungry, not having clean clothes to wear, or clean bodies — anything can become a reason for not coming to school. Our support for Families in Transition helps ensure that each child in our community has access to education and is empowered to achieve and have a positive future.
The All Saints Action Table will be collecting items on Sundays, August 6th – September 10th, or you can bring them to the Main Office or Regas House Lobby during the week: Monday — Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Clothing: For students from Pre-K to 12th grade. (Remember some of our high school students use adult sizes):
• Used or new pants for boys and girls in school uniform colors like khaki and navy blue
• Used or new collared t-shirts for boys and girls in white, dark green, navy blue and light blue
• Used or new sweaters any color
• New socks for boys and girls in white
• New underwear for boys and girls
• New white underwear t-shirts for boys
• New tennis shoes for boys and girls
New school supplies:
• Backpacks – all sizes
• Student binders – not office binders
• Index dividers – erasable tab – 5 tabs per package
• Number 2 pencils
• Blue and black pens
• Individual erasers
• Individual pencil sharpeners
• 12 inch rulers
• College ruled – 100 pages notebooks
• College ruled paper
New toiletries in small or travel sizes:
• Deodorant for boys and girls
• Shaving cream/gel for boys and girls
• Razors for boys and girls
• Body soap
• Adult and children size toothbrushes
• Dental floss
• Toothpaste for children and adults
For more information contact Ada Ramirez at email@example.com or 626.583.2734. Together we can make a difference in the lives of students in need. Please be generous!