Sunday, November 28 we celebrate the First Sunday of Advent: the beginning of the season of preparation for the birth of the Prince of Peace and the beginning of a new church year. Join us at 7:30, 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. as we light the first candle on the Advent wreath and begin our journey together to the joy of Christmas!
We kick off the new church year with an extraordinary Forum: Artists, Art and the Pandemic. An amazing panel of artists – Amy Brenneman, Reena Esmail, Vijay Gupta, Gregory Michael Hernandez, Andre Henry, and Jenny Wong join us to share their experience of the pandemic – creatively, economically, spiritually — and also the role of the arts as we emerge from pandemic in terms of interpreting the experience, healing from the experience and creating a new world. 10:15 a.m. in the Forum.
Sally Howard preaches at 7:30 a.m. Alfredo Feregrino preaches at 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. where music will be offered by Canterbury Choir and the Trouvères. Kelly Erin O’Phelan will offer Children’s Chapel during the 9:00 and 11:30 services.
Then plan to return at 5:00 p.m. for the first Advent Evening Service of the season: A family-friendly service in the church and on the quad lawn, led by the Minisingers, Mastersingers and Troubadours and followed by Advent wreath making, decorating and treats on the lawn.
- 7:30 a.m. — Holy Eucharist in the Chapel (in-person or on on Zoom here)
- 9:00 a.m. — Holy Eucharist in the Church with Choir and ASL (indoor and outdoor seating)
- 10:15 a.m. — The Forum on Artists, Art and the Pandemic
- 11:30 a.m. — Holy Eucharist in the Church with Choir (indoor and outdoor seating)
- Post-11:30 — Online Coffee Hour on Zoom
- 5:00 p.m. — Advent Evening Service
The Forum at 10:15 a.m. and the 9:00 & 11:30 services will be live-streamed at this link: https://allsaints-pas.org/live-stream/.
Our guiding principle remains to follow common sense risk reduction guidance for as long as we remain in a declared public health pandemic, so to keep our community safe and well, our in-person worship guidelines include:
- Masks are required at all times — both indoors and outdoors — on the All Saints campus.
- Both outdoor and indoor seating is available for services and communion will be served in both locations.
- Our expectation is that those entering the church will be vaccinated (if vaccination is available to them) and we require that masks be worn by all to protect the most vulnerable.
- Those seated indoors are asked to maintain social distance between individuals/households.
- If we reach seating capacity in the church, ushers will guide you to alternative seating areas.
- We ask you not enter if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever over 100.4°F or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or if you have had contact in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19.