The Vestry of All Saints Church met on Tuesday, October 3rd for its regular monthly meeting. The meeting began with a reflection led by Dr. Brian Robinson on what we can learn in the 21st century from how the 1st century church raised up leaders from within underrepresented communities — as described in the Acts of the Apostles.
Highlights of this month’s meeting included:
- Welcoming five visitors to our Vestry Visitors Gallery
- Gratefully receiving the report from the Treasurer that giving continues to be strong and healthy as we move to the end of this fiscal year.
- Unanimously adopting a Parish Policy on Alcohol Use
- Approving a slate of members for the Vestry Nominating Committee and distributing copies of the updated Vestry Nomination Form — in both English and Spanish. It was also noted that Vestry Nominations are open until Sunday, October 15th … and that this year nominations can be made online.
- The Rector’s Report, which offered an update on the ongoing search for the Director of Music and Senior Associate for Congregational Development. Both are in progress and prayers for the processes are invited. Mike also shared that Ed Bacon will be with us to preach and speak in the Rector’s Forum on Sunday, November 12.
- And … pictured above … prayerfully receiving the pledge cards for the 2018 budget from vestry members.
More info on the All Saints Vestry here.
The next meeting of the Vestry is Tuesday, November 14 at 7pm in Sweetland Hall. All Vestry meetings are open meetings and visitors are most welcome.