The Vestry of All Saints Church met on Tuesday, September 12th for its regular monthly meeting. The meeting began with a reflection led by rector Mike Kinman on Jesus’ call to forgive “seven times seventy” — and our own call to be forgivers and reconcilers.
Highlights of this month’s meeting included:
- A record fourteen visitors in the visitor’s gallery!
- Funding for needed repairs for the church roof.
- Approving an Advisory Board to oversee the implementation of the 2016 Racial Justice Resolution.
- Considering a draft Parish Policy on Alcohol Use (final draft to be received at the October meeting.)
- Receiving reports on the newly formed Reconciliation Task Force, from the treasurer about the strongest giving numbers since 2009 and from the Climate Change Task Force about an upcoming event featuring Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori.
- The Rector’s Report, which offered an update on the ongoing search for an Associate Rector and Senior Associate for Pastoral Care (two candidates have been unanimously recommended by the search committee and an announcement is pending final negotiations) and informed the Vestry that Mike will be traveling to Geneva later in September as a presenter to a World Council of Churches hearing on Racism and Afrophobia.
More info on the All Saints Vestry here.
The next meeting of the Vestry is Tuesday, October 3 at 7pm in Sweetland Hall. All Vestry meetings are open meetings and visitors are most welcome.